Monday 16 March 2009

SAN FRANCISCO DREAMING

At the risk of sounding ridiculous, I have a rule which I try to impose on myself when considering a purchase, and that is 'would it look good getting into a vintage Porsche'. I don't own a vintage Porsche, and it's unlikely I ever will. I also know it makes me sound like a wanker. But I think it keeps me on the straight and narrow, style-wise. It requires clothes that have a cool edge, an 'old money' vibe, a touch of originality and a nod to the classic.
So, with that disclaimer out of the way, let's continue.

The 912 Porsche.



Source: A Time To Get

This is the car that Robert Redford drives in Spy Game (sorry, but I love that film), and people who know more than me tell me it was in production between 1965 - 1969, and again in 1976, so it has a discernibly strong association with classic imagery from those specific times. My mind is also eliding it with Jacqueline Bisset and Bullitt (which is unforgiveable, as the internet tells me she drove a
1964 Porsche 356 Cabriolet). That takes me to San Franscisco, and that is the perfect beginning for a pair of jeans...














Poladroid pictures from top:
Current/Elliott
18th Amendment
Citizens of Humanity
Not sure - maybe Antipodium
Jovovich-Hawk
Not sure - maybe Unknown Factory

Jeans from top:
Current/Elliott (old season)
Ksubi
(tobi.com)
18th Amendment
(tobi.com)
Wrangler (asos.com)
18th Amendment (tobi.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment