Tuesday 24 February 2009

MARC JACOBS AW09

Pleats! I love a pleated trouser. (And a fashion singular, clearly). I've been talking about volume around the hip area for a while, and the Current/Elliott Victorian bloomers, currently winging their way towards me, do this in a great way. The Lover denim had a 1940's volume to them, with pleated wide-leg Gatsby style trousers (mixing decades now, sorry).

T
hese Marc Jacobs jeans have a great 1940's, His Girl Friday kind of feel. The way the cut becomes quite nipped down the thigh and calf gives them a new and flattering feel. Although pleats are generally held to be a problem, I don't think so, as tulip skirts have been around for a few seasons doing a very similar silhouette. When everyone is doing pleats I shall be smug and unbearable.

No comments:

Post a Comment