Thursday 29 January 2009

3 DAYS OF THE CONDOR



I love spy films and have just discovered my local library, where DVDs rent for the princely sum of £1 a week. First film out the gate was 3 days of the Condor, and... the jeans, the jeans.
I found myself mentally scanning my wardrobe and deciding that Robert Redford's capsule wardrobe of grey tweed jacket, denim shirt, high rise tight bright blue flares, aviators, pea coat, contained everything I might need.
Although I also spent some time wondering how the running and fighting worked in the tight jeans. They're tight. And high.

Sadly, I couldn't find a full body shot of the denim shirt, tight denim flares combo that Robert Redford sports for the second half of the film. It looks great though. An unironic denim shirt that's properly blue, and tight flared jeans that manage to look really cool on a man. I really like the mid blues as an antidote to all the raw darks in mens jeans, and it was good to see how they could be worn without looking too self-consciously vintage.

As for my own 3 days of the Condor capsule wardrobe jean, I have a great pair of high waisted 18th Amendment jeans which require some planning to get into, but which I've been inspired to wear with a shirt & a navy round neck jumper.
I also have a pea coat, a men's Schott with the great anchor buttons, which I was smugly pleased about finding and paying very little for.
It was, as always, great to find out that I was treading a well worn path of being a dick. http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/10/02/111-pea-coats/

Pictures from the film from: harrymosebyconfidential.blogspot.com
www.squaremans.com

No comments:

Post a Comment